Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thank you for New York

Good evening everyone! What a bright sunshiny beautiful day is was here in New York!

Today in yoga, Leigh Evans talked about gratitude. She said a woman said to her on the street this morning, "It's amazing what a little sunshine can do." And Leigh said to us, her yoga class, "Yes, it does put us all in a good mood doesn't it? But isn't that only because of the constant rain we've been having? Do you think the moods of people in California are effected by the sun? They have constant good weather, don't they... so the sun probably doesn't lift their spirits like it does to us today. But how can we practice being here, in the moment, happy, with whatever we're given? With whatever the external circumstances might be? GRATITUDE," she answered herself. "Gratitude for the little things. Living in NY is tough. And I think this city gives us even more opportunity to be grateful for what we do have. When I moved from California years ago, I was snobby about a lot of things. A local New Yorker would show me a city park and I would balk, 'You call that a park?' California spoiled me.
Now here I am years later, and I am in love with the trees of NY, because there are so few! In the spring, when I see a dandelion poke its head through a crack in the sidewalk, I think 'Good for you! You found a way to thrive! You found the crack!"
Leigh summarized, "When life is like the all the asphalt in NYC, weighing on you, there are ways to find the cracks, to find the sunshine... and it's through being grateful."

I have a treat for you all! I captured New York on video today and it really does reveal it's beauty!
Click below to view my one minute video. It will make you smile!



A special shout out to my mama and sister in California!! Can't wait to see you soon!!!
xoxo
K

No comments: