Monday, March 15, 2010

Noticing the Little Things: My Weekend



This weekend it was like the heavens couldn't find enough water to dump onto NY.
My weekend started with a rainy rainy book club meeting (thank God I was hosting!!).
After my Grandmother passed a few months ago, I got back in touch with my cousin, Sarah, who also lives in NY, and I joined her all-girls book club. This past month we read D.H. Lawrence's raunchy classic, Lady Chatterly's Lover. At 30, I am the oldest member of the club, but I like being a part of it, the girls are fun and it forces me to be more well read! Well, on Friday night, the wine flowed freely and the giggles and stories were plentiful...
At the end of the evening, we realized one of the girls, who peaced out early, had actually thrown up in my bathroom sink, clogging it (did I mention I am the oldest of the group?!? I should also mention here that I throw a damn good soiree). Well, my cousin Sarah, a few miles away from sober herself, declared she couldn't possibly leave me with my sink in this condition. She plunged the sink with all her might, yes bare hands and all folks!! until it was free and clear again.
Lesson Learned: Sometimes it takes one wasted rude chick who can't hold her alchohol to remind a gal she's got some tried and true family.
Sorry if that grossed you out. It grossed me out too and this is my blog, so I had to share.
Saturday was a shoot for Kate & Kula (pictured above). It continued to rain cats and dogs as we shot on location in an office space on the upper east side of Manhattan. Our guest star of this episode is the talented Michael Horowitz (remember him from my last video interview??). And with Jack shooting and Kula directing, we were in great shape. A REALLY GOOD DAY.
Note to self: This kind of work is fulfilling, satisfying and makes me sleep like a baby afterward.
Sunday was a day of writing and editing, as the sheets of rain continued to splat themselves against our windows. At one point, the sun came out, yet it continued it's torrential downpour. Jack and I stuck our heads out the window, and our hair got soaked while we had to squint from the brightness of the sunshine. Love it.
Below are some pictures of the little things I noticed from the POV of sitting in my green chair, facing the rainy window and writing:











It's still overcast but the forecast for tomorrow is SUN!
xoxo,
Katie

1 comment:

Colette Brandenburg said...

i really enjoy reading your blog katie! i do i really do