Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chaos & Control


There's nothing like food poisoning to remind a gal that everyday without food poisoning is a good day. Today is day 2... I'm at 50%... still achy but I'm able to spend most of the day in other parts of the apartment besides the bathroom.
I haven't written in 2 weeks! Resistance has definitely creeped up with this blog. I keep thinking... who the hell is reading this? And do I want people to read this? What the hell am I saying that's so freakin' important?!? The after effects of food poisoning makes me respond with: "Who the hell cares. Just write." So here I am, sippin' on blue gatorade and finally overcoming resistance.
But while I wasn't writing, I have been active in other respects. I jog now! Holy moly yes indeedy I jog the bridge every weekday morning. And I did my first headstand 2 weeks ago in yoga. It was Luke's class (the magical little sprite of a teacher) and I asked, "Can I go up against the wall?" He replied. "Wall? Nah. Do it in the center of the room. I'll spot ya." Then he proceeded to dance around singing, "Today's the day!" I guess every yogi has those special days when you can finally do a pose you never could before. And sure enough, I went upside down, in the middle of the room, with Luke hardly touching my legs at all. I was shocked at how much control I had over my up side down self.
So my life is like a Kandinsky, I suppose. Chaos, Control, Chaos, Control.
I think I need another nap.
xo

3 comments:

Uncle Mark said...

Sorry about the food poisoning. Bummer! (I've been there too, enough said.)
Yes, I've missed your posting. And yes, there is a point to it all. Someday it will find you.
When the porceline alter is no longer your best friend, I hope you get back into what you are ment toshare with us all.agrail

Chris Corporandy said...

Hm, the Chaos & Control thing reminds me of Stockard Channing in 6 degrees of separation, and she never fails to make me happy.

Have you seen a documentary called, Enlighten Up! ...? I've only seen the first few minutes, but I bet you'd dig it (it's Yoga-related).

When you get better, you should also try Whoppers Strawberry Milkshake flavor. They have partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, corn syrup, and Red 40, which are all TERRIBLE for you, but still, you should have some. Hope my talking about them didn't make you sicker though.

Adriane McNeely said...

Sorry Katie, for your food poisoning.I have been acquainted with it several times in my life (cursing and never eating the food that got me there -- premanent goodbye to Turkish specialties in New Haven; coleslaw will never touch these lips again!)and I too am grateful for the time in my life I am not vomiting. Glad you are better...but speaking of toilets...I awoke early today, to find my toilet attempting to imitate the great geyser of Yellowstone...it had been spewing all night long. I now have about $25,000+ of damage to my house, lost countless important papers, artwork, clothing, Xmas ornaments, etc....all STUFF. I'm figuring it was meant to go. But it begs the question...why? What new life now begins without all that stuff we think is so important? Lots to ponder today.

More importantly, I recall the first headstand I did in Yoga--It was mindblowing to view the world 180 degrees differently. Very good for the belly too. Maybe I will go upside down today, myself... do me good. Of course, keep writing this amazing blog! Adriane