Friday, April 2, 2010

What do you focus on?



The other day, my pal Namakula and I attended a free acting workshop. I arrived assuming I'd hear the same old stuff... marketing, headshots, resume blah blah blah. But no! These two teachers: Robert and Michelle Colt, talked about THE BRAIN, THE TEMPERATURE OF SUCCESS and FOCUS.

According to Robert and Michelle, we all have a "temperature" for success / love / money / etc. This "temperature" was formed at the age of 3 and solidified at the age of 7. Yep, by 2nd grade we all had a concrete comfort zone that we then spend the rest of our lives making sure we don't stray from. These two told us that your brain will do ANYTHING not to get too "hot" or too "cold"... aka too happy or unhappy, too wealthy or too poor, etc.
Then they showed us a video, and I encourage everyone to watch it. It takes 2 minutes, and if you're like me, it will BLOW YOUR MIND. I won't comment on the video until tomorrow, giving everyone a chance to watch it. If you do watch it, please leave a comment for me (or reply email) and tell me what you think! You don't need sound (Mom and Maddie!).

Click here to watch this video.


Happy Friday!
Katie

No comments: