Monday, May 17, 2010

Good Day LA

I just got back from a glorious 10 day trip in Los Angeles. How could I have gone another day without a visit with my sister, my mother, my step-dad, grandfather and dear friends such as Erin, Tonia, Katie and Adam? Honestly, I feel revived. My life feels fat, in a good shrimp and grits kind of way. And the food I ate! Oh the food.... Doughboys Oatmeal, Coffee Bean's vanilla iced coffee, the best bloody mary's of my life (yes, plural), endless lavender cookies, shrimp bisque covered in a puffy pastry, Jesus Denis, I will never forget those ribs.... and yes, at one point I fell asleep, next to my mama, with a mouthful of creme brulee. Heaven. Here are some pics I took along the way... in Sierra Madre, in West Covina and Yosemite (Hollywood wasn't privy to my camera).







1 comment:

Namakula said...

Hey KHL,

Loved this succinct and yet hearfelt summary of your trip. You looked so happy and relaxed with your sis. And bloody marys huh? Learning all these new things about you! ;-)

The pictures of Yosemite were breathtaking, got tingling sensation in the right side of my brain when I laid eyes on them. My question for you is this--how are you adjusting to being back? Well anyone, glad to have you back. Talk soon.xo