Thursday, August 9, 2012

Exploring < Space >


IS EVERYONE AWARE THAT WE'VE LANDED ON MARS???!?!?

The first pic from NASA's Curiosity

Jack and I have been a little obsessed about space lately -- with the newly found Higgs Boson and those crazy awesome CERN physicists who are smashing particles together in a giant 16 mile, underground Collider. Holy shit?!?

Photo of Large Hadron Collider @ CERN By DENNIS OVERBYE

The newer concept of "space" has struck awe in us. We talk about it a lot: That space is not Nothing (no-thing) but Something (everything??!)! And space is the largest component of our universe. There is soooooooooooooo much more space than there is matter!

We might as well throw out the old science text books (aren't they all going digital anyway?) and tell the students to take a break from science class this year -- we'll get back to them once we investigate what the hell is really going on.


So the scientists of the world are not only saying, "Kate, you are space with a little bit of matter mixed in," but yoga also tells me the same thing!


Yoga creates more space within the physical body (let's go spelunking in those hips!) but more importantly it creates space in the mind. What's in that space between my persistent babbling thoughts? A yogi, I think, would tell me I'm in there.

I am the vast expanse.

Yes please. Sign me up.

I'd like to announce (announce? bah! who's listening? hi mom!!!) that I've signed up for my yoga teacher certification (200 hour training starting in 3 weeks).  Not quite sure if I have any ambition to teach yoga (except to Jack, we do a nightly session on the roof) but what I do want to do is explore that space!

xoxo.





No comments: