Monday, September 10, 2012

I have thought so often in the past few weeks- "oh, I'll write about that in Daily Dance" and then all that inspiration gets bottle-necked and I end up not writing at all.  These are fantastic problems, I realize.
A few of my inspirations: 
My hour-long talk with Laurie on her birthday-- I FELT like I was on the beach with her -  after which she sent me pics of her aglow under the BLUE MOON. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE, you beautiful, magical woman - I love you.


Visiting my Muti in Ocean City and resting my head on her body and feeling safe, so safe and for the first time in my life, able to hold a conversation about having kids... with my mother... and my husband... in the same room.  I'm sorry if this seems normal to the rest of you, but it blows my mind. Here's a pic of me, mama (blonde super model in the middle), Jack and aunt and uncle on the stormy jersey shore:
The big news that I am actually reporting on? I started Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) this past weekend. And Oooooooooooh I'm diggin' it. I've never had the experience of being such an eager student. Really, I'm so happy to learn yoga--- to learn how to feel right now, all the time- - this is the master lesson, this is the goal.
And one of the homework assignments that I immediately had major resistance to (had? bah! HAVE) -- is developing a "home practice." This means, among the dust bunnies and distractions of my apartment, I'm supposed to sit myself down and lead myself through yoga, daily.
As a ceremonial preparation, I was asked by my teachers to create an alter that would inspire and remind me to return to the mat. Here it is (features mama, Maddie, Jack, Mount Joy, 2 inspirational books, the Dancing Shiva that I got from Nick and of course, my favorite flower).

Tomorrow morning I begin my practice. Why is something so simple, so difficult? I imagine because in a class, it's easier because a teacher is taking responsibility as well as the fact that I feel other people can SEE ME practicing. 
In the age of facebook and twitter, if no one sees me, is it real? 
I have a feeling, if I commit to the home practice, this question will seem like a joke to me in the not-too-distant future. Please God, Divine Mother, don't make it too distant!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

No comments: